|For a pre-Renewal version of this article, click here.|
Job Base(s): Novice
Job Type: First
Changes At: Izlude×
Number of Skills: 10
Total Skill Points: 70
Total Quest Skills: 3
|Job Bonuses |
Swordmen are honest and as stubborn as the strong waves of the ocean. With strong physical attacks, defense, and a sense of command, a Swordman can become a headstrong leader to others. Swordmen continuously train to gain more skill and strength.
After reading King Tristan 3rd's official notice recruiting adventurers, swordmen join with the hope of becoming ever stronger. Equipped with strong armor and weapons, the brave swordman joins the world of adventure.
Once you are Job Level
10, head to Izlude×
and enter the Swordman Guild on the west side of town (izlude 52,137). Talk to the Swordman NPC×
in the center room behind the desk, who changes your job to Swordman. You will also be rewarded with a Novice Falchion .
- STR×: Increases Weight Limit× and ATK×.
- AGI×: Increases ASPD× and Flee×.
- VIT×: Increases maxHP×, HP regeneration, resistance against several Status Effects×, SoftDEF×, SoftmDEF and the efficiency of healing items.
- INT×: Increases maxSP×, SP regeneration, resistance against several Status Effects, SoftmDEF× and the efficiency of SP recovery items.
- DEX×: Increases Hit×, ASPD, and ATK.
- LUK×: Increases Critical, ATK, Perfect Dodge× and resistance against several Status Effects.
Swordmen can use many weapons in RO, but only a few of them are suggested for use. The equipment and weapons will change once the Swordman has become a Knight or Crusader.
- One Handed Sword×s: i.e. Blade, Ring Pommel Saber, Saber. These are a good choice for a Swordmen, since Sword Mastery affects these weapons. However, their ASPD is lower than that of a dagger, but do more damage on medium sized monsters. (The ASPD increases to that of a dagger after becoming a Knight or Crusader, however.)
- Dagger×s: i.e. Main gauche, Stiletto, Gladius, Ice Pick. Also a good choice of weapon since Sword Mastery also applies to daggers. ASPD of daggers is higher as a Swordman, but do less damage on medium and large monsters compared to a one handed sword. Daggers do 100% to small monsters though, which is useful against Metalings.
- Two Handed Sword×s: i.e. Katana, Bastard sword, Two Handed Sword. These are not the best choice for a beginning Swordman since the ASPD is lower and a shield cannot be worn with one equipped. These are excellent weapons for Knights, though.
- Spear×s: i.e. Pike, Trident. Swordman rarely use these unless to take advantage of their range to attack Greatest Generals from afar. However, one handed spears are great for Knights, while two handed spears are best for Spear Quicken Crusaders. Two handed spears can also be used on Knights to get high damage without the aid of a high level Provoke, but shields cannot be worn simutaneously.
- Anything else: i.e. Mace×s, Axe×s. Stay away from these. They will have very low ASPD and damage output.
|| Melee attack with additional accuracy, causing up to 400% damage to a single target. After learning Fatal Blow×, also has a chance of stunning the target.
|| Disables Fliching Status for up to 7 Hits and up to 37 seconds. Also grants 10 bonus Mdef with casted.
|Increase HP Recovery×
|| Increases HP recovery while not moving. Also increases efficiency of healing items and Alchemist's Aid Potion×.
|| Melee AoE attack with added accuracy, dealing up to 300% damage in a 5*5 area the user. Also pushes back items and gives a small fire damage bonus for 10 seconds after use. Drains a bit of HP.
||Increase a target's attack by up to 32% and decrease its defense by up to 55%.
||Increases damage done with One-Handed Swords.
|Two-Handed Sword Mastery×
||Increases damage done with Two-Handed Swords.
The bonus to stats given for each job level are listen in the below table.
|This article or section is in need of attention from |
an expert on the subject.
Please help recruit one or improve this article yourself. See the talk
page for details.
Categories: Swordman | Classes | Novice | Pages needing expert attention