|This article or section is in need of attention from |
an expert on the subject.
Please help recruit one or improve this article yourself. See the talk
page for details.
|This page has been marked as being in need of links |
to other iRO Wiki pages.
|For a pre-Renewal version of this article, click here.|
Job Base(s): Sage
Job Type: 2-2 Transcendent
Changes At: Juno×
Number of Skills: 8
Total Skill Points: 24
Total Quest Skills: 0
|Job Bonuses |
Quenching their lifelong thirst for learning, Scholars have accumulated a greater body of knowledge than ever before! They have new, creative uses for their mystical skills to support allies and frustrate enemies. Although Scholars do not boast the sheer power of their counterpart, the High Wizard
, their inventive applications of magic are their keys to victory.
Scholars are the transcendent version of Sage
s. Through rebirth, Scholars gain class-defining SP manipulative skills such as Soul Exhale×
, and Soul Siphon×
. The two former skills enable Scholars to act as endless sources of SP, which makes them a favorable class for party
play. The third SP-manipulating skill, Soul Siphon, allows Scholars to offensively eliminate all of their opponent's SP, making Scholars a formidable class for PvP×
Job Change Guide
To become a Scholar, you must find a book called 'the Book of Ymir' in 'Sage Castle', Juno×
. The book will lead you to Valhalla so you can change your job through the Lord Knight job NPC×
. Also you must reach at least job level 40 as a transcendent 1st class character.
1.Sage Castle is located at 11 o'clock direction (yuno 88,320) in Juno.
2.'Book of Ymir' is located inside a room behind an NPC called Metheus Sylphe (yuno_in02 88,164).
3.The Book of Ymir (yuno_in02 94,206) will teleport you to Valhalla.
4.Find and talk to a job NPC suited to your 2nd class.
This is similar to the Hindsight Sage
build. However, a Scholar is able to further enhance the efficiency of Hindsight×
by using the skill Double Bolt, which vastly improves damage compared to a Sage. Note that this build requires a constant Sage Spirit×
link from a Soul Linker
to function effectively. This build is less vulnerable to silence due to the automatic-casting nature of Hindsight, and can deal high amounts of damage. Some builds will take VIT as well to increase HP×
, or DEX for casting speed. Largely a PvM build, Hindsight types are rare in WoE and MVP×
- STR: 1
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 1-60
- INT: 120+
- DEX: 110-130
- LUK: 1
Considered a PvP build, the Bolter
utilizes high INT, Foresight, Fiber Lock and Double Bolt to inflict massive damage on their foes. They can also render their opponents semi-useless with Soul Siphon. This build allows Scholars to perform the same supportive roles as support-type Scholars due to their high DEX, high maximum SP×
, and similarity between skill builds, in addition to having offensive options. However, having minimal VIT leaves this build more vulnerable to stun×
status effects than support builds in PvP and WoE scenarios. Refer to the
section for information on PvP tactics.
- STR: 1-40
- AGI: 1
- VIT: 80-100
- INT: 1-40 (only 3x INT is needed to have enough MATK for Frost Diver and Heaven's Drive to seldom miss foes)
- DEX: 130+
- LUK: 1
The Support type is the most common build among Scholars. Although they come in a large variety of stats, their common point is the maxed DEX and their very low INT (can be hybridized), which makes solo leveling for them via bolts neigh impossible. They are however much preferred for party play with classes that heavily rely on SP.
- STR: 1-80
- AGI: 70-110
- VIT: 1-50
- INT: 91-110
- DEX: 1-75
- LUK: 1-30
This build does not differ much, stat-wise, from their Sage counterpart. However Double Bolt greatly enhances their offensive capability, while Foresight offsets their generally low DEX when bolting manually. Coupled with the Sage Spirit buff of Soul Linkers, they can deal high amounts of damage. They can also render their opponents semi-useless with Soul Siphon or support their allies with Soul Exhale. These builds vary largely, some even using pure melee damage for attacking. Hybrids can deal with many situations, but are usually not optimal in a certain field. They are fairly rare in WoE/PVP activities. Unusually, they can use automatic-casting equipment to further supplement Hindsight.
Although INT based or Battle builds can opt to solo, Scholars are much preferred for party play thanks to Indulge and Soul Exhale. It allows them to team up with classes that require lots of SP to do the killing, mostly Sniper
s, and Lord Knight
In addition to everything Sages can do, Scholars can refill the SP of needy classes and use Fiber Lock to immobilize monsters.
Besides the Sage skills already available to them, they get further use in supporting SP needy classes with Soul Exhale. They can also make use of Soul Siphon and Soul Exhale to strip other classes of their SP, or Fiber Lock, to stop anyone in their tracks.
- Fire Bolt Combo: Anything that does not massively stack MDEF× or wear Fire elemental armor can be decimated by Stone Curse× + double Fiber Lock + Double Bolt Fire Bolt× combos. Damage can be further amplified by standing on Volcano× and using
- Distraction: Utilizing Soul Siphon can render any foe semi-useless, but do note that this type of disablement is temporary. SP recovery items like Blue Potions and Strawberries may be used to quickly replenish a character's siphoned SP. However, those few, crucial seconds of attention spent on recovering SP may be enough for a Scholar to achieve victory in a PvP or WoE situation. Soul Siphon should be regarded as a supplementary distraction to set up for other tactics. It should not be relied upon as a complete, single disabling skill.
- Bolt-switching: Although Scholars can achieve high amounts of damage with Fire Bolts in conjunction with Fiber Lock, Volcano, and/or Stone Curse, they should not be limited to just one type of bolt. Constantly using Fire Bolt may make the Scholar predictable in PvP, and opponents may choose to counter with a Fire elemental armor. The Scholar can meta-counter this tactic by using a variety of different bolts during combat. If the opponent switches elemental armors in an attempt to counter all of the Scholar's bolts, the Scholar may choose to use mind-game strategies. One strategy to counter armor-switching is to begin casting a maxed level bolt, cast-canceling× the skill, then following up with a different bolt (preferably a low-level bolt for quick casting speed). Using
s with Cold Bolt× can effectively counter an opponent who switches to a Fire elemental armor.
- Detection: When facing an opponent using the Hiding× or Cloaking× skill, it may be advantageous for the Scholar to use level 1 Heaven's Drive× instead of Sight×. Using Heaven's Drive allows the Scholar to reveal the opponent from a distance. The Scholar may follow up with an offensive attack immediately upon revealing the opponent. If the opponent continues to hide, the Scholar may repeatedly use Heaven's Drive to damage the opponent and discourage them from hiding.
- Defense: Standing inside both Safety Wall× and Blinding Mist× offers the Scholar a considerable amount of protection. Safety Wall completely protects the Scholar from many deadly short-range attacks, such as Guillotine Fist×, Sonic Blow× (amplified with Sonic Acceleration×, Enchant Deadly Poison×, and the Assassin Spirit×), High Speed Cart Ram×, and many others. Additionally, Blinding Mist offers a 75% chance for all target skills to miss completely, and all normal long-range attacks receive a 75% damage reduction and -50 HIT reduction when the Scholar stands inside Blinding Mist. Standing inside Safety Wall + Blinding Mist is often considered one of the best defensive postures in PvP and WoE scenarios.
Since Scholars retain all of the roles of a Sage, their equipment is also similar to Sage equipment
These weapons are very effective if refined up to +9 ~ +10
Obs: Orlean's combo for cast,
cards recommended; Thorny Buckler + Bison Horn for agi/Hindsight builds,
cards recommended for more DPS.
For more information about Sage skills, click here
||Create a 5x3 area with protection against various attacks and inflict the blind× status on all characters and monsters inside it.
||Gives the caster a buff that has a 40~80% chance of a bolt spell triggering twice with a single cast.
||Shoot a spider web to immobilize a target for 8 seconds (4 against players).
||Reduces the casting time of the next 5 casts by half.
||Consumes 10% of the user's Max HP× to restore 10~50% of that amount as SP.
||Increases the target's MATK× by 20~100% while decreasing its Soft MDEF by 12~60.
||Exchange caster's remaining SP amount with the SP amount of a target.
||Grants a 40~70% chance to fully drain the SP amount of a target.
The job levels in which a Scholar receives a certain bonus:
Scholars can use Concentration and Awakening Potions.
Categories: Articles Needing Interwiki Links | Lord Knight | Classes | Knight | Pages needing expert attention